In this introductory lesson the format is a little different to those that follow. Here is a suggested Lesson Plan for Lesson 1:
- Welcome the participants and tell them a little about the program:
- The Lift Project is a 10-week educational adventure that explores scientifically proven ways for lifting your mood and your life. Several academic publications have shown that it works!
- The Lift Project was developed, and is presented, by Dr Darren Morton who is an Australian-based but internationally recognised wellbeing expert. It is presented in a simple and fun way.
- The Lift Project is designed to be experiential and so each lesson includes some challenges. It’s challenge by choice, but the more you put in, the more you will get out.
2. Introduce yourself and give the participants the opportunity to introduce themselves (if appropriate). You can make this fun by asking them to share something about themself like what they love to do for fun, what their favourite food is, etc. Generally a group will be less inclined to share in this first session but they will open up more as they get to know each other.
3. Play the #WATCH video under the Learn section of Lesson 1.
4. Play the Challenge video under the Experience section of Lesson 1.
5. Reinforce the daily and weekly challenge for the week.
6. Explain that as participants they have access to The Lift Project
Click on the links below for a suggested Lesson plan.